We’ve just released a new version of our Unity Assets and Pinch Utilities! Version 4.0.2 includes some key changes based in large part on feedback from the community. There are lots of improvements under the hood, plus fixes to make your development experience better. Get them now at developer.leapmotion.com/unity and let us know what you think!
Here’s the full list of changes:
Core Asset Orion beta 4.0.2
- Fixed physics hands lagging behind graphics hands if LeapImageRetriever not present.
- Relaxed hand chirality restriction which could interfere with hand initialization. Added EnforceHandedness check box to * LeapHandController component which is off by default.
- Fixed issue where hands would not scale properly when LeapHandController is scaled.
- When code compile is triggered while editor is running, the editor playback is now stopped automatically to avoid editor freezes triggered by hot reloading.
- Fixed temporal warping judder
- Fix for playing and stopping hangs Editor if service not running.
- Setting IsHeadMounted to True on LeapHandControllers in VR scenes
- Fixed FPS Drop in LeapC w/passthrough in Robust Mode or with no hand in view
- Removing ToUnityScaled from LeapUnityExtensions and all hand scripts
- Many minor fixes and significant optimizations throughout
Pinch Module beta 1.0.1
- PinchDetector components are now attached to their own gameObject's instead of attached to IHandHodel gameObjects. This is to address a Pinch Module specific judder issue.
- Namespaces in Pinch Module scripts updated to match Core Asset Orion 4.0.2
Changelogs and past versions can also be found at https://github.com/leapmotion/UnityModules, where you’re welcome to submit issues and pull requests.