Ok, still no luck. Here's a rundown again of how things are set-up:
Host-only connection between the guest Ubuntu OS and the host Windows OS.
When I run ifconfig on Linux, I get this:
When I run ipconfig on Windows I get this:
I changed the config file in Linux so that it looks like this:
I changed the Leap config file in Windows so that it looks like this:
I am able to run Sample.html, the visualizer, and all of the other sample programs in the guest Ubuntu OS, which makes sense since this is where the Leap is running locally.
RUNNING SAMPLE.HTML ON WINDOWS
Now, when I try to access the tracking data from the Leap inside the host Windows OS, this is where I start running into issues.
Inside leap-0.6.1.js, I make changes at this location:
I change the value for host. I tried this with 192.168.56.101, 192.168.56.102, 192.168.56.1, and 192.168.56.255. I also tried this whole procedure using a bridged connection instead of a host only connection. None of these things worked. I'm stumped.