I also have the problem of non-working (brand new LEAP) under Win7 64-bit:
0) I installed 3.2.1 (needed for iClone)
1) Plugged in LEAP and red LED initially came on
2) The device driver installed 'WestBridge'
3) FW automatically updated
4) LEAP is now dead (all indicators in s/w setup are green, but there is no green LED on the unit and nothing appears in the visualizer. Doesn't work in iClone either)
5) Doesn't work in any USB slot
I was going to try the FW reset above, but after downloading and trying to run, Norton AV flagged and deleted it, saying this file contains the virus "WS.Reputation.1"
Tried the LEAP on a different computer w/Win 10. No red LED, no communication w/device.
Not the best 'Out-of-Box' user experience!