Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Forum and discussions have moved

This forum is now in archive mode. Its contents have been frozen and no new posts or replies can be made. Please join us at our new community discussion area: https://community.leapmotion.com.
See more
See less
Touchless Not Fully Functioning in Windows 7 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchless Not Fully Functioning in Windows 7

First of all, thumbs up for Leap Motion engineers! It' really an amazing device. After waiting for one year, I was super excited to try it when it finally arrived yesterday.

After playing around with it a little bit, I got Touchless to work, once. I was able to actually perform clicking and scrolling action using Touchless in my windows 7. This morning, Leap Motion control panels wipes itself off from my computer while attempting to update. I had to download driver again from the website (apparently a newer version. Thumbs up again for you guys. You're updating fast!). This time, Touchless doesn't work anymore. It is tracking my fingers alright. But the touchpad input icon is not showing up in the system tray, and I'm not able to click and scroll although I see the circle that will turn green, indicating touch action.

I tried uninstall and reinstall drivers and apps but the problem is still there. I'm wondering if anyone runs into the same problem and how I can possibly solve it?

Thanks

Originally posted by Voldemort View Post
    First of all, thumbs up for Leap Motion engineers! It' really an amazing device. After waiting for one year, I was super excited to try it when it finally arrived yesterday.

After playing around with it a little bit, I got Touchless to work, once. I was able to actually perform clicking and scrolling action using Touchless in my windows 7. This morning, Leap Motion control panels wipes itself off from my computer while attempting to update. I had to download driver again from the website (apparently a newer version. Thumbs up again for you guys. You're updating fast!). This time, Touchless doesn't work anymore. It is tracking my fingers alright. But the touchpad input icon is not showing up in the system tray, and I'm not able to click and scroll although I see the circle that will turn green, indicating touch action.

I tried uninstall and reinstall drivers and apps but the problem is still there. I'm wondering if anyone runs into the same problem and how I can possibly solve it?

Thanks
    i can't click anything in Windows 7 4bits, anyideas?

Comment

I have both Windows 7 and Windows 8 touch less worked great on windows 8 but not on my windows 7, I couldn't get it to touch the screen but it would show the finger circle representations and they change color as they are supposed to when attempting to click something, just was not receiving any input. THE SOLUTION! Pull up your services.msc either by typing it into the windows search at the bottom of your start menu or typing that command in the command prompt. You will have your services list come up listing startup type description, and status of all the services currently running. Scroll down to find the service labled Tablet PC Input Service. Right click the Tablet pc service click properties>make the start up type automatic>click the start button>apply>ok. That gg'd the problem for me I can now click select scroll ect. This also seemed to help with accuracy of scrolling up and down a website. On my Windows 8 it was much more difficult to get things to recognize I was trying to scroll in that it would assume I was trying to select text.

Comment

Working...
      X